Saturday, May 4, 2013

Walking through the Coral Reef

          When I visited my other sister on my mom side, we went to a nearby beach. What makes this beach different from other beaches is, when it's low tide everyone can walk through the coral reef. Many will walk to catch fish or look for sea shells., or anything that is edible hiding in the reefs. After my snorkeling experience...I was just so amazed with all these colorful sea living things that I could see this close.
               The water is about knee deep as we start walking towards that big rock.

Under this umbrella is water, rice and vinegar dip to use.In our local dialect we have a term called "kilaw" meaning to eat raw fish or shells. So the people who owned this maybe came here just to find something and to eat it raw.
                                      As we walked further the water was already low.
                    So it keep me busy taking pictures of all that I thought was interesting to share.






                             By the time we arrived at this big rock the water already receded.
                         It was noon time and was very very hot. My brother , his name is  Fredo
                                          found a hole just enough to cool him off.

                                  I had sunblock on my face but with my short hair I forgot
                       to put plenty on my nape..so I ended up having a bad sunburn skin on
                                                           the  nape of my neck.
                                                  This is my sister Linda She's the eldest.
                                     She and Fredo are my mom's children in her first marriage.
                                   Since the day I met her she always wore long skirts or pants,
                                    never wore sleeveless or short sleeve, once outside she always
                                  wore a hat too. But what surprises me was when she swim
                                        in this outfit. hehehe She's really a very conservative Filipina.

Mostly in the province when we go swimming at the beach, most are still shy to wear short shorts.
       And because of too much sun..we prefer to wear shirts to keep us from  being burned.
                                                         The creative little crab
                        Look at this piece of art that these little crabs were able to make!



2 comments:

  1. Your pics are always so interesting. I love learning about the everyday little things you enjoy in the Philippeans. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete